For well over 60 years, Berkeley Pump Company has been the premier supplier of medium to large pumps and pumping systems for the irrigation industry. Founded in Berkeley California in 1937 by Fred Stadelhofer, Berkeley was a major force behind the development of modern agriculture in the Western United States. In the hay days of the 50's, 60's, and 70's the Berkeley pump line included everything from line shaft turbines to nonclog sewage pumps and operated facilities in over a dozen locations throughout North America. It even introduced the first commercial jet drive for the marine industry.
In 1987 the company was purchased by Sta-Rite Industries of Delavan Wisconsin. It now concentrates on its submersible turbines and a broad line of motor drive & engine drive centrifugals. Today Berkeley's markets for those familiar "orange" pumps include irrigation, HVAC, and municipal customers.
Berkeley Type B end suction pumps are available in both frame mount and close coupled models. Sizes range from 1.5" to 10" and produce flows to 6000 GPM. Self priming models are available to 4".
The same Type B pump ends that are available as frame mount and close coupled units are also available in an SAE flywheel configuration. This offers the customer a wide selection of gasoline and diesel engines from a variety of manufacturers. Many are also designed for tractor PTO drives. Small end suction and self primers are also available with air cooled engines to 30 HP.
Berkeley offers an extensive line of submersible turbines in 6", 7", 8", and 10"sizes. The "T" series offers class 30 cast iron bowls, 416 SS shaft, bronze bearings, and silicon brass impellers. The 6T and 7T models are also available with stainless steel impellers and corrosion resistant all rubber bearings for abrasive water conditions.
Pacific Liquid & Air has represented Berkeley Pumps in Hawaii since 1985 and stocks a variety of their engine drive, frame mount, and JM close coupled pumps.