F. E. Myers was founded in 1870 by Francis and Philip Myers in Ashland, Ohio. The brothers began by building farm implements and then engineered and manufactured the first double-acting hand pump, one that delivered water on both the up and down strokes. From this modest beginning, the Myers pump line grew and evolved over the decades to include wastewater, industrial, and water systems pumps and pumping systems. In 1960 the Myers family sold the company to the McNeil Corporation of Akron, Ohio. In 1986 Myers was acquired by Pentair, Inc. of St. Paul, Minnesota where it is now a part of this $2 billion corporation's water products group. Myers is located on 80 acres in Ashland and operates in a modern 410,000 square foot manufacturing, distribution, foundry, and office facility. It employs approximately 600 people dedicated to supplying top quality jet and submersible well pumps; utility, sump and sewage pumps; effluent pumps; non-clog and other large waste handling pumps; and high pressure reciprocating and centrifugal pumps and pumping systems. Markets include residential, agricultural, commercial, municipal and industrial applications in North America and more than 100 foreign countries.
Pacific Liquid & Air has represented Myers in Hawaii and the South Pacific since 1985. Since that time, over 9000 Myers pumps of all types have been installed in the region. For an overview of each of the Myers product lines, click on the PL&A links below.